A particular Labor Law violation in Los Angeles deserves a particular action that needs to be done in order to avail all the guaranteed legal remedies. Thus, all employees must be familiar of the various laws that state their rights and obligations. With adequate understanding of these provisions, they may accurately define what exact violations their employers may be liable of.
These are some of the common bases for employment complaints and its corresponding government agencies handling employee grievances:
• Wrongful Termination – this pertains to the illegal discharge of an employee without any just reason. Usually, this performance occurs as due to an employer’s retaliatory acts against an offensive worker.
Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) or Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
• Employee Discrimination – another common cases that many employers are culpable of, discrimination is an illicit act of singling out an employee for any of the following bases (race, nationality, age, gender, marital status, religion, disability, among others)
Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
• Violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act – this pertains to the resistance of the employers to give their workers twelve weeks of unpaid protected leave for reasons of: caring for a newborn or adopted child, caring for a seriously ill family member and seeking medical treatment for their own sickness.
Department of Labor, Wage & Hour Division or Department of Fair Employment and Housing
• Violation of the Right to Organization – this labor law infringement is associated with any acts of an employer to prevent an employee to organize a union or to be involved in any activities arguing wages and other unpleasant work conditions.
National Labor Relations Board
• Failure to Give Worker’s Compensation – employees who will be injured in exercising their jobs are entitled for worker’s compensation benefits to help them with their medical expenses. These financial aids also aim to compensate injured employees for the period they were not able to work.
Dir, Division of Workers’ Compensation
• Hazardous Workplace – any employee has the right to refuse from entering a dangerous workplace if not appropriately informed of such conditions. They may also demand for special protective gadgets in case of unavoidable workplace risks.
Dir, Division of Occupational Safety and Health
All these government institutions are always geared up to resolve any case of labor problems and disputes. Yet, in case an aggrieved employee wishes to bring his case in court, it is imperative to hire the aid of an LA employment lawyer who is well equipped about the particular law provision that may apply in a particular case. This is to ensure the protection of his rights under the law.
Know more about employment concerns and complaints with the help of LA employment lawyer at http://www.expertlosangelesattorney.com/